Sunday, July 24, 2011

Eat, eat, eat, eat.........

The heading says it all, the only news we have is about food!  I got the idea of making chicken skewers at the house after eating a couple of delicious chicken skewers at Beyond Coffee.  They had that great outdoor cooking flavor to them.  I also bought a chicken tikka masala marinate that I wanted to try out.  I got some chicken breasts at the SPAR, cubed and marinated them over night.  I placed a grid over the gas stove and grilled them using steel skewers.  We had them on fresh baked hamburger rolls that I got from Beyond Coffee.

It tasted so good that I decided to do them again, this time I made my own marinade by using olive oil, fresh garlic, finely chopped onion and some thyme and rosemary.  The cubed chicken breast was marinated over night and I cooked them the same way on a grid on the gas stove.  This time we had it with the burger rolls and a salad made with cucumber, tomato's and bell peppers.

We found out earlier the week that La Cantina, the Mexican restaurant at Novotel will be closing in August.  We wanted to go there one last time so we invited a couple of friends to join us there on Saturday evening.  It was a great meal and we will miss La Cantina.

We treated ourselves on Sunday at the ISTA Hotel for lunch, the lunch over there are still our favorite.  After a delicious lunch we went home and had a good old Sunday afternoon sleep.

My chicken skewers, if you want something badly enough you will make a plan to get it. 



The end product.

The Baobab tree in Hyderabad is nice and green after some nice rains.