Monday, June 13, 2011

Love the weather!!

We have not had that much rain yet but the drop in temperature is noticeable.  Much more clouds but not too overcast and the wind doing its part but not blowing too hard.  

The last week was really uneventful, except for the fact that I got a nasty case of gout from all the porky goodness we enjoyed in the form of bacon!  I don't think my body is used to those quantities of bacon I devoured and am paying for it dearly.  I am feeling pretty sorry for myself currently so I had to share this with all of you.

On Saturday we got invited to have dinner at friends of ours that we have not seen for a couple of months.  The food was really good and company even better.  After dinner we had delicious Hazelnut Coffee and time just went by too quickly.  

We also met up with a friend and his son at Novotel for lunch.  They had Lobster on the buffet and I ended up having two of them, they cooked them outside on the grill and they were delicious.  I had a small serving of some Leg of Lamb that was also tasty but since I am suffering from gout I had to stay away from having too much of that.  The Salmon on fresh dinner rolls with Olive butter was just as good and it went down well with a cucumber and dried apricot salad.  

The week ahead is going to be an interesting one that we are looking forward to.  On Wednesday, June 15 at the Taj Deccan is the Fête de la Musique, a World Music Festival that the French Embassy in India is sponsoring.  There will be several different types and style of music and included in the schedule will be the Banjara Hillbillies, their first official gig!  

Saturday we will be at Beyond Coffee when Beyond Coffee celebrates their first year anniversary.  They are planning a big event and will host two bands for entertainment and this will be the second official performance for the Banjara Hillbillies.  

We are also going to attend a wedding on Sunday which we are looking forward to, this will be our second wedding we will be attending.  But more on this in next week's blog.

Two way traffic in a one way lane.  

Teresa had this delicious salad at Beyond Coffee.

This is the best chicken sandwich I have ever had, my favorite at Beyond Coffee.  I order it without the fries, the fries are really good but I try to be healthy.

A close up, chicken breast, roasted peppers, some spice sauce and lettuce.

Sunday Lunch.

Our Sunday evening visitor, not sure where he came from.