Sunday, June 5, 2011

Let it Rain!

June is the start of Monsoon Season and we had our first rains on the first day of June.  Although it was not much we did have a nice rainy day on Friday.  We can feel a definite decline in the extreme heat that we had in May.

Not much happened during the week to report on except that we had our first rains.  Ahmed took me for a little drive on Wednesday and showed me where the Air Force Base was and took me to a Buddha Temple.  

We had some friends over on Saturday evening and I had my first go at making some bagels.  Not sure what the end product was but I think it resembled something called Bagels. I also made a small pizza and some "vetkoek".  "Vetkoek" is a South African thing that is best described as fried bread.  You take bread dough and fry it in oil, it puffs up and is delicious with various fillings or toppings.  We had some bacon and eggs to go with all of this.

On Sunday we went to the Metro store, it is similar to Sam's Club or Costco in the United States or Makro in South Africa.  They are also pretty strict with who can shop there but our driver borrowed a membership card from one of his friends.  The fresh fruit/vegetable and meat sections was extremely clean, they also had a good variety of products.  We got a couple of things and hopefully we don't have to buy cleaning products again before we leave India to go back home.

We had dinner at Chilis on Monday evening.


Chicken Fajitas was delicious.

The Buddhas Temple in Mahindra Hills, Hyderabad.

Buddhas Temple

Large house across from the Buddha Temple.

Messing around with my cameras. 

I do not want to be close when this guy gets involved in a accident.

The bagels before I boiled and baked them.

The finished product.

"Vetkoeke" - Fried Bread

"Vetkoek" - Fried Bread cooking in oil.

Bacon.

Home made Pizza.

Saturday evening dinner table

This large rock fell off a truck.

They also have offices in India.

These skins looked VERY fresh, poor things.

Lord Ganesh statues, they are preparing for the Lord Ganesh Festival starting the first week in September.


An Artisan Bread I baked on Friday.

Teresa got this rose at Via Milano the previous weekend.  I took this picture on Friday morning.