Monday, September 12, 2011

ISTA Hyderabad


So we started of the last phase of our journey in India, we moved out of our apartment and settled in the Ista Hotel until our departure from India.  All I can say about this is that it is not a bad way to end our year in India, the Ista is a spectacular hotel with top notch service.  But there was a lot of things that needed to be done last week before our relocation to the hotel.

It started off last week Monday when I decided to repaint some of the walls that had marks on from where our furniture pushed against the walls.  Since I am no stranger to painting and that I had the time I did not foresee any problems.  Well, as it turned out Murphy paid a visit that day and things did go wrong.  The walls in our apartment are white, plain white.  Ahmed took me to a shop that sells paint and I bought all that was needed.  I got home and jumped straight into my planned project.  The first sign that I ignored was when I opened the can of paint and it had the consistency of a thick paste and it did not look white but rather a creamy color.  I never thought about reading the instructions since I have painted before and it was as simple as open and slap the paint on the wall.  Well, this time it was not the case, as it turned out I had to dilute it with water and a lot of water.  To make a long story short, it turned out to be a huge mess and Ahmed ended up bringing two friends that are painters over on Tuesday that did a proper job off fixing up my mess.

The big move was on Saturday, Ahmed arranged a small truck and some helpers and they were finished in no time at all with moving the furniture to the needy family that we decided to donate the furniture to.  The maintenance office at the community where we rented was quick to do a walk through and before we knew it the keys were handed back and we were off to the hotel.

We checked in early Saturday afternoon and basically just spend the rest of the weekend enjoying the relaxed atmosphere the hotel offers.

We had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe one day.

And we were really naughty!  

This is all we had left after the furniture was gone.

An empty apartment.

The lounge at the ISTA.

View of the pool from our room.

Our room.

Our room.

We saw this cab one day.  On the front door, "100% Assured airport drop"  So the other cab companies only take you half way?

Our welcome from Rishi, the very friendly person that services our room.