Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finally some rain!


Although this is our first monsoon season in India it does feel like a pretty dry raining season so far.  The amount and frequency of rainfall is not what I would classify as monsoon rainfall.  The small lakes around town are still fairly low to empty and it is already the end of August.  Fortunately we did get some rain this week that does resemble some monsoon rains but it should be much more regular than currently.  This is however my feeling about rain and I am sure there are people out there that is happy about the fairly dry rain season.

I started my weekend off on Friday evening with a wine tasting at Via Milano.  Alok, the restaurant manager gave me a call on Thursday afternoon and invited myself and Teresa to attend the wine tasting.  Unfortunately it was to late for Teresa to change her schedule at work and she could not make it.  I still had a extremely good time and met a bunch of interesting people including all the employees form Big Banyan Winery.  The evening started off with snacks and cocktails after which we had a four course meal each with its own selected wine.  Except for the good food and wine I did learn a lot more about the wine industry in India.

Our weekend was relatively quiet again, Teresa had a busy work schedule during the week and she had to work the most part of the weekend to ensure everything gets done.  She wanted a haircut and I made her an appointment at the ISTA Hotel on Friday for Saturday evening at six.  I made myself comfortable in the lounge at the hotel with our Kindle, reading a book and enjoying the background piano music.  Deb joined us at seven for dinner at the hotel.  I am not usually very fond of fish but I ordered Salmon with stir fried vegetables and vegetable rice from their Japanese menu and it was delicious!  The food at the ISTA is really good and they have some healthy options available. 

Sunday is not that much different from Saturday with Teresa working most of the day.  Luckily we do have some dinner plans with Deb again tonight at La Cantina at the Novotel.  

We were naughty one evening and had these frankfurters and chips/fries for dinner.

Dark clouds on Saturday afternoon.

Some more dark clouds Saturday afternoon.

Some heavy rain that came with those dark clouds.




I took this video clip Friday evening on my way to Via Milano.