Monday, January 24, 2011

Is it October yet??

We started the week of like always, nice and early on the badminton courts pushing it a bit more to get rid of the calories we adopted over the weekend.  After 90 minutes on the court we stopped at the maintenance office to ask them when they are planning to complete the leakage job and as always we received the same answer "Today sir, without fail".  Well, it has been a week later and nothing!  Again they promised me today so maybe I should find out if their meaning of "today" and my meaning of "today" is the same.  I have it that today means it will be in the next 12-24hrs, please feel free to correct me if I have it wrong.

Teresa finally went for her last dentist appointment on Wednesday and she is all better.  We were happy with the dentist and to our untrained eye it looked like he did a good job.  

Thursday and Friday I went shopping for party snacks, we invited a couple of people over that we have had over previous times to enjoy the Saturday evening with us.  It turned out to be a great evening, everybody was getting along nicely and the evening went by quickly.  As always we over catered for the seven in total, that includes myself and Teresa but at least we had some left overs to enjoy on Sunday.

Sunday did not turn out the way we planned it, we wanted to go and walk in one of the large parks but our driver could not make it and the replacement driver could not speak English.  We had him before and he could not even take me to the shop down the road.  I still do not understand how a company who's biggest client is a USA firm and they don't bother to make sure their drivers can speak proper English.  Needless to say we could not really communicate to the driver what our plans was and we decided to send him back and stay at home.  Since Teresa has been working really long hours the last week or so and have had a couple of all-nighters she got some time to just sit and do nothing but watch television and enjoy a relaxing Sunday afternoon nap.

Unfortunately our nightmare with the replacement driver did not end there, we asked him to tell our driver to pick us up on Monday afternoon one o'clock.  Well, at half past six this morning our driver called me reminding me he is still waiting for us.  It turned out that the only part of the message the other driver got correct was "one".  It is not fun being called at half past six in the morning if you only go to bed between one and two in the mornings.  I was still far far away in La-La land when he called.

Some of the snacks we had Saturday evening.

The rest of the snacks, it took us a long time preparing all this.


My birthday presents.